Popular Posts

Friday, May 29, 2009

I had a very busy day today. A friend of mine came to visit early in the day and it is funny how you are tired and not feeling well then a certain person comes around and you feel so much better. I needed to see that friend today to bring me out of the doldrums. Sometimes they are such a blessing.

I have another friend out the road that brings so much sunshine in the lives of others. She is 80 and has more vim and vigor than many in their twenties. She called and asked for some pies to be made for a dinner. (My pies are in demand some times.)
This woman never stops. She does so much volunteer work. I think about doing it and get tired. But she is fun. She is the only person allowed to call me Dar. (short for DArlene). If anyone else tried it they would get smacked.

There is a thought that the pills I take for my cholesterol is causing the problems with my legs. I am going to talk to my dr. about getting off it. It also causes wight gain and other problems. We shall see what the mri says but I still will see if I can take another one. I am not losing weight like I have been trying and a nurse told me it could be because the meds I take cause weight gain. Oh, well..........could be worse.

2 comments:

  1. Garnet, it's absolutely true about meds causing weight gain, the picture of me on my home page (in pink with my sister) was taken Thanksgiving and since that time I have gained 15 lbs. because of my insulin. It really bothers me as well, I joined Curves and am hoping to loose it by July 15th before I go home. I have never been this heavy in my life!
    Yes I have met people who give me much energy and I have also met me people that really drain my energy. I love spending time with people who are upbeat and uplifting. Take care my friend and have a great weekend....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I make it to 80...I think I'll do the Happy Dance!lolol...feel better sweetie!hughugs

    ReplyDelete