Popular Posts

Monday, September 7, 2009

It was a rather chilly but nice labor day. I awoke early, had my cup of coffee and two slices of toast and a bowl of Special K Redberry which seems to have become my favorite cereal lately.

i got a little exercise playing with the dog outside. He loves to play fetch and I enjoy tossing his industructable rubber ball around. It is what it says. We got it about 8 years ago for the eldest dog and he, as well as the other three younger dogs and they have not been able to destroy it while many ohter balls are long gone. Chewed to bits.

I baked four loaves of zucchini bread then took an afternoon nap after which we went into see my daughters new apt. It is a lovely little one bedroom which is funished. We got her curtians, rugs and a few other things she would need. She seemed very content to be where she is now.

It was late when we got back so all I had for dinner was some chili I prepared yesterday. All in all, it was a good day.

6 comments:

  1. Hello my friend, it does sound like you had a lovely day.
    So happy to hear your daughter is adjusting to her new apartment. I am praying for her and hope all goes well from here on out. She is blessed to have you both for parents and though at times it may be hard to see you are blessed to have her as your daughter. I think we learn our most important lessons in life from our children...and yes Garnet sometimes these lessons hurt very much.
    The sound of zucchini bread makes me hungry....what is it with my blogger friends lately, everyone is showing food and I find myself snacking away....
    Have a great Tuesday....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your daughter has adjusted so quickly. Mine is also adjusting to living in an apt with her guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good way to end summer Garnet...your daughter tucked in a new apartmen and zucchini bread!

    Enjoy your week Garnet,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Garnet,
    I could have used one of those balls for my late willie. He went through many balls!
    I am so glad to hear that your daughter is doing well in her new apartment! I hope things continue to improve for her and you. It sounds like you are both on the right track!
    My hubby loves zucchini bread. Maybe I will make some too!
    Love Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think playing with the dog is theraputic, it is for me at any rate, and I have four of them! I hope your daughter will be happy in her new flat.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That ball has never met our Maggie.
    Glad you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete