Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I am finally back to blogging and trying to get the house organized after the al the hoopla.  I am tired but it is a good tired.  I feel very blessed this year but there is a pall over my happiness.

My eldest is in a mental hospital and I feel sad over it but glad she is getting the help she needs.  She went to rehab and got so depressed they decided she needed to be hospitalized.  They are working with her and getting her meds changed and have put her on meds that will make her sick if she takes one sip of alcohol as well as one that will stop the cravings for cocaine.  I am just glad she is getting the help she needs. Please keep her in your prayers.  It is a real struggle for her but I admire her for trying to change her life around.


Now to a brighter spot in my life.  My little one was here for the holidays and we had so much fun with her.  I felt blessed to have her as she almost filled the spot that was empty in my heart because my eldest would not be with us.

She has not decided if she is going to be a doctor or a vet.  One moment she is after one of us with the stethoscope and the next she is after the dog or cat. 
Either way, she is prepared to take care of them.

7 comments:

  1. Bless her heart Garnet....Will be sending prayers sweetheart!!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garnet...Thank goodness she is in a place where she will get some help for the real problem at hand which is the depression. With the right combination of meds and some therapy I certainly pray she'll be good as new. The little ones are such a blessing in many ways aren't they? My Destini has been talking about being a vet for a couple years. You never know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Garnet, I am sorry to hear about your daughter but sweetie she is far better off in the hospital, they are trained to help her. It is very difficult to break these addictions, I will pray for her Garnet.
    Your little grand is adorable and I am so glad she was with you to make your Christmas brighter.....:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree girl, back in 08 I had a problem and was blessed to get the right help and I am so thankful today. We will be praying for her.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well the health care industry would be an excellent choice for that little one to choose! I'm glad that she helped to brighten your day Garnet and will keep your oldest in my prayers! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a bit of agony and a bit of ecstasy. Hopefully the agony part will soon change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ((((Hugs)))) I will pray for your daughter...those first days and weeks are the toughest...how nice that you were given the gift of your granddaughter..such fun and smiles she brings you. I hope that 2011 brings much peace, hope and better days for you and your loved ones. Much love and hugs to you. XX

    ReplyDelete