Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I awoke early the morning to a cold rainy morning. We are supposed to have some snow this afternoon but it has not started yet.  We hope to go out and do some car shopping.  Since we are retired we decided to splurge a bit on the vehicle.  It may be the last one we buy for some time so we wanted to get a Grand Cherokee Jeep or a Partriot.   Either one will suit us.

My daughter is coming home for the weekend and we are going to bake cookies for the group home she is living in.  Some of those people do not have anyone sending them cookies and such so we have decided to fix a bunch for the house.  Will probably do peanut butter blossoms, snickerdoodles,   Chocolate chips and some raisin cookies.  Will also do a candy that is made out of tootsie rolls.  Very good and simple to do. I will probably do the first batch of cookies tomorrow and the rest on Saturday.  Do not want to leave them all go til the last day.  I still may look for some other recipes to do.  I love baking for others this time of the year.

Well, I have to go now.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like Daughter is doing well!
    Happy Baking!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love baking - but I got away from it years ago when my husband was supposed to lose weight and ordered me to stop. Now, it's so seldom I bake that it seems a bother - because I no longer remember the recipes etc and have to check all the time. It used to be so easy. Still, I'm anxious to get going at it and get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds as if your daughter is adjusting well to the group home I hope! That's so great. I hope the time you spend baking with her will be fun and good for both of you. Good luck with your new car whatever you end up with. I think you certainly deserve it. You're always doing for others. Have fun baking. Any extras you can send my way....haha. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you will be have some fun baking and making some yummy treats and it is so nice of you to do that for those in the group home.........My mum wants to trade their car in for something smaller but dad keeps saying no not yet......

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is doing great in the group home and really likes it there. We got all the cookies made but one recipe I wanted to do. One I have not done in years called Buckeyes. they are so simple to do. I will make some and take then in next week.

    ReplyDelete