Popular Posts

Sunday, December 11, 2011

We got all the cookies baked and they are not being enjoyed by the people at the home.  I am going to do more closer to Christmas.  I have the recipes here for some I made.  I will share them with you.  It is such a simple yet delicious recipe.

Buckeye Balls

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 2 tablespoons shortening
  • 4 cups confectioners' sugar

Directions

  1. You'll need wax paper, a double boiler, a cookie pan, and a medium bowl. In the medium size bowl, mix peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and confectioners' sugar (mixture will be stiff).
  2. Shape into balls and place on a pan covered with wax paper. Place into the refrigerator.
  3. In double boiler, melt chocolate and shortening. Pour into bowl and dip balls with chocolate. Refrigerate for thirty minutes until chocolate is firm.
My family loves these so I doubled the recipe so I have some to give to my other daughter for her family plus I will be making another batch of the raisin cookies I always make.  I also made some of this tootsie roll candy to send in.


Tootsie Roll Candy...Photo of what I made yesterday---->

Ingredients

1 tspbutter
2 Tbspbutter, divided
2 Tbsppeanut butter
3 3/4 cconfectioners' sugar
2 Tbspmilk
1 tspvanilla
1 cground nuts
m&m candies (red and green for christmas or yellow and orange for halloween)
2 ctootsie roll midgets.
dee vensel
Well Seasoned
Parker, PA (Pop. 3,028)
dutchiev326
Member Since Jun 2010
dee's Notes:
this recipe was given to me by an online friend and it was so easy, my three year old grand baby helped me make it by helping to spread it in the pan and putting the m and m s on it.
 

1
 Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, melt the Tootsie Rolls, peanut butter and remaining butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla (mixture will be very thick). Fold in pecans.
It may be so thick and hard to work with you think you did somehting wrong but don't worry. It is supposed to be that way. I do not use foil when I use aluminun pans.
2
 Spread into prepared pan. Using a sharp knife, score the surface into 1-in. squares. Press a M&M's candy into the center of each square. Cool. Using foil, remove fudge from pan; cut into squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 pound

I had this printed on one of the recipe clubs I belong too.  this is so easy and so simple.

2 comments:

  1. I tried deleting some of the extra stuff on there but it would not delete unless I deleted the whole post. That would defeat my purpose. *s*

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both sound delicious!! Especially the peanut butter ones!

    ReplyDelete