Popular Posts

Thursday, March 19, 2009






Spring is in the air and each spring gets me to thinking of seed catalogs and all the flowers I want to plant this year. Well, my husband and I both plant them. I plan the gardens and help with the seedlings and he plants the roots and bulbs. Together we have a lovely yard most of the summer. We have sweet peas, sunflowers, rhododendrons zinnias, lilacs, poppies, dahalias, peonies, three Althea bushes and many others. We have an acre to our front yard so we have lots of places to
plant them.

Spring Carol
Robert Lewis Stevenson

When loud by landside streamlets gush,
And clear in the greenwood quires the thrush,
With sun on the meadows
And songs in the shadows
Comes again to me
The gift of the tongues of the lea,
The gift of the tongues of meadows.

Straightway my olden heart returns
And dances with the dancing burns;
It sings with the sparrows;
To the rain and the (grimy) barrows
Sings my heart aloud—
To the silver-bellied cloud,
To the silver rainy arrows.

It bears the song of the skylark down,
And it hears the singing of the town;
And youth on the highways
And lovers in byways
Follows and sees:
And hearkens the song of the leas
And sings the songs of the highways.

So when the earth is alive with gods,
And the lusty ploughman breaks the sod,
And the grass sings in the meadows,
And the flowers smile in the shadows,
Sits my heart at ease,
Hearing the song of the leas,
Singing the songs of the meadows.


Oh, yes, sweet spring. I love it. *s*

4 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful. Those bushes seem to be extra heavy with blooms. You must have a green thumb as they say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband loves to watch me do all the work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is in the air or at least it was a few days ago. Pretty cold here again though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous flowers, your photo's are beautiful. I had not realized you had two blogs. It goes to show how creative you really are. Your flowers must be wonderful to see during the summer months and I do hope you post pictures of your flower beds for all of us to see:)

    ReplyDelete