Popular Posts

Sunday, February 27, 2011

I never had alot of friends.  I am the type that has a few close friends in real life but alot of acquaintances. I never knew where to put Marty.  She is one of those friends who keeps popping in and out of my life but she keeps doing it at the right times. Marty is a very busy woman.  She has been through so much in her life. I don't know where she gets the energy to do what she does but she always manages.

She and her husband lost their son when he was 16 in an auto accident because he and some friends went out and went to  a bar that served  under aged kids.  That beautiful young man was killed driving back home. His mom and dad knew he took the truck without asking them and they were out looking for him when they came upon the accident.  Imagine seeing your child with  his head crushed by a vehicle.  It was a horrible experience for her and her husband.

You would think this would destroy her but it didn't.  She and her husband decided that since their son was gone and their daughter was married and  living in Colorado, they would become missionaries.  They travel all over the united States to churches that  need ministers and they preach and work with people who need someone to minister them. When they are not doing that, they work for habitat for humanity.  The point is, they did not wallow in grief or blame god for what happened in their life.  Nor did they do that when Marty was diagnosed with breast cancer.  She fought the dreaded disease with the same determination she used after her son died.  She did win the battle and is out there doing all she can to help women who are fighting the battle now and to remind other women to do all they can to prevent it

This friend pops in and out of my life at various times.  One day i was standing in the drs office and he wanted to schedule for a procedure where I would need a driver and it was on the day my husband worked. I felt a presence at my side. It was Marty, telling the receptionist that she would drive mt to the apt and bring me home.

No,  I do not get to see her often but when I do, it is like a breath of fresh air has entered my life and I thank God for her.

6 comments:

  1. What a precious gift friends like that can be in times of need. I also have known people like that and marvel at how much strength they seem to have to keep going when others would just give up. I look at them and wish I had that same degree of character. They are the hand and feet of Jesus in action. Have a great rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She IS God's gift indeed!!
    ((((HUG))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. She must have a special connection. I'll bet she is often in the right place at the right time for others too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is great and I so enjoy the few visits we have and the trips we take the to the various places she has taken me to are so wonderful. I miss her when she is off on her missionary trips but I know they need her there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely categorize Marty as a "Friend". Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marty sounds like a wonderful friend, and I believe to have a friend one must be a friend. I think you would be a wonderful friend....:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete